Visit Europe’s biggest and best-loved patchwork and quilting show!
Join us this year from 29th July – 1st August at the NEC, Birmingham and immerse yourself in a world of creativity!
FOQ is Europe’s number one patchwork and quilting show where thousands of quilting fanatics join for an unmissable four-day event.
The Festival showcases hundreds of magnificent quilts, celebrates patchwork and quilting in all its forms, and brings together a community of passionate quiltmakers in an event like no other.
What you'll find at the Show...
- A huge array of competition quilts made by our visitors. Categories include Traditional, Art, Modern, Contemporary, Miniature and NEW for 2021 a brand-new category for Complete Beginners.
- Unbeatable shopping opportunities with hundreds of exhibitors selling patchwork & quilting supplies under one roof. We have 120 traders this year which is fewer than usual, but they need your support more than ever!
- Gallery Exhibitions including Amish quilts from the Nebraska Quilt Museum, SAQA, Sheila Frampton Cooper and Art Quilts: Made in Britain to name a few.
- 300+ workshops and talks designed to educate and inspire, taught by experts such as Jo Avery, Judi Kirk and Nicolas Ball PLUS lots of Longarm quilting classes.
- Hundreds of experts to learn from and a welcoming community of like-minded souls.
- FREE product demonstrations at The Innovation Station.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Festival of Quilts. Alongside our venue, the NEC, we are committed to making your visit as safe as possible.
We will operate under the guidance set by Public Health England after 19th July 2021 and in line with the industry’s All Secure Standard – a comprehensive set of guidelines for exhibitions and events. For enhanced safety and peace of mind we have added some additional measures and we ask everyone in attendance to adhere to our COVID Commitment outlined here.
If you do not agree to adhere to The Festival of Quilts Commitment please email [email protected]
To view our COVID Commitment click here.
Information about this year’s show:
- We are expecting the event to be smaller than usual, but we’re confident it will be as inspiring and content-rich as ever. The exhibitors, artists and teachers, along with everyone else involved in the event is working incredibly hard to make it a safe and pleasant experience. Your support and kindness is appreciated.
- As part of the COVID commitment, we ask all visitors to bring proof of either
a) having had two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before attending
b) a negative Lateral Flow Test result**, which can be taken at home or at a recognised centre free of charge, within 48 hours of the event.
For details on the proof that will be accepted and for further information visit our COVID commitment page.
- We are planning to have a box office on site, but it will have fewer ‘booking windows’ than usual. We encourage everyone to please book in advance as this a) allows us to better manage the flow of visitors and b) will reduce your queuing time at the show. It will be possible to book tickets online throughout the duration of the show, but again we urge visitors to please book as early possible.