All entries in this category must qualify as clothing, wearable art or three dimensional pieces. 3D items (this does not include double sided quilts) must have length, breadth and depth. This can be made by an individual or a group.
1st Prize – £1,000
2nd Prize – £500
3rd Prize – £250
In all categories the judges will be looking for:
- Visual impact and the emotional response the quilt evokes
- The originality and content of the design
- The composition and use of colour
- The choice and suitability of materials
- Surface design and embellishment
- Construction and accuracy of piecing
- Design and execution of applique
- Design and execution of quilting
- A suitable finish (the edges of the piece) and how well the piece hangs
Credit is given for individuality and innovation in all entries.
See below examples of previous winning quilts in this category.