Our COVID Commitment
Last updated 14/07/2021.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Festival of Quilts. Alongside our venue, the NEC, we are committed to making your visit as safe as possible.
We will operate under the guidance set by Public Health England after 19th July 2021 and in line with the industry’s All Secure Standard – a comprehensive set of guidelines for exhibitions and events. For enhanced safety and peace of mind we have added some additional measures and we ask everyone in attendance to adhere to our COVID Commitment outlined below.
If you do not agree to adhere to The Festival of Quilts Commitment please email email@example.com
The Festival of Quilts COVID Commitment
1) All attendees must be prepared to show proof of either
a) having had two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before attending*
b) a negative Lateral Flow Test result**, which can be taken at home or at a recognised centre free of charge, within 48 hours of the event.
We will accept any overseas proof given at point of vaccination.
These will be randomly checked to avoid congestion on entry. Your data will not be requested, you will simply need to show proof to a member of show staff.
2) All attendees must agree NOT to attend if they answer YES to any of the following questions
· Are you feeling unwell, including a high temperature, new continuous cough and a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste?
· Are you currently required to isolate following a visit to an area or country where quarantine is required upon return?
· Have you been told to self-isolate by a government test and trace service?
· Is anyone in your household suffering with COVID-19 symptoms?
· Have you been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or anyone who has been showing symptoms?
3) All attendees must agree to leave immediately should they develop COVID-19 symptoms during the event.
4) All attendees must agree to be considerate to those around them at all times and respectful of all our Safety measures at the show.
Forms of Proof
We will accept various forms of proof of vaccination and a negative test result.
*For vaccinations this includes:
– the NHS app
– the vaccination record card
– a letter from the NHS requested by calling 119
**For the LFT test result, this includes:
– an email or text confirming your result
– a photograph of test stick (not the physical stick)
We do not wish to make it difficult for anyone, and we will use a common-sense approach. Your data will not be required, proof can simply be shown to a member of staff.
Safety Measures within the Show
While face masks will no longer be mandatory, we encourage visitors, exhibitors and staff to take personal responsibility and to wear a face covering in any situation which is crowded or while in close proximity to other people. We do however recognise that there are circumstances preventing people from wearing a face covering and, being mindful and respectful of this, staff will not challenge or ask for evidence from visitors who advise that they cannot wear a face covering or who make the personal choice not to. We hope that all will be equally respectful
Larger show footprint, as we will be using four halls of the NEC (rather than the usual three), which allows us to spread out and ensure significantly more space to social distance. This includes increased aisle widths to 4m (from 2m or 3m)
Limiting the overall number of visitors in attendance. We expect no more than 16,000 people in total over the four days (compared to 26,000 normally)
The NEC mechanical ventilation is controlled by the NEC’s Building Management Systems to monitor air quality and other parameters. In-line with current Government guidance we have recommissioned the ventilation plant to maximise fresh air rates and where appropriate upgraded the filters to NHS hospital standards
Frequent and thorough cleaning of public areas, toilets and touch points around the venue
Hand sanitiser and/or hand washing facilities will be provided throughout the venue. We recommend you bring your own supply as well
Separate entry and exit points and staggered entry times which visitors will select when booking tickets and queue management (to avoid congestion on entry). Once inside the caps on numbers mean you can stay as long as you wish
Extended opening times to 9.30am to 6.00pm daily (closing 5pm Sunday)
Galleries have been increased in size to allow for a more spacious viewing experience
The Quick & Easy Workshop and Academy Workshop rooms will be larger with limits on capacities and cleaning stations in each workshop room.
In line with our event safety guidance, all workshop participants and theatre attendees will be encouraged to wear a face covering. However, being mindful and respectful of peoples personal circumstances, staff will not challenge or ask for evidence from visitors who advise that they cannot wear a face covering or who make the personal choice not to. We hope that all will be equally respectful.
Bigger VIP lounge with lower caps on numbers
Additional toilets will be available to minimise queues
The NEC has outdoor space opposite the main entrance as well as by the Lakeside. You can gain readmission to the show with a wristband on departure.
Further Information and Advice
You can order lateral flow tests in advance here.
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 please leave immediately and try to inform The Festival of Quilts organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following your visit, should you develop any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, please inform email@example.com.
For more information, please find some useful links below:
· Click here for the NHS symptom checker
· Click here for the Government COVID-19 guidelines
· Click here to order a lateral flow test kit