Do I need to prove my COVID status this year?
Yes, as part of the Festival of Quilts COVID Commitment.
1) All attendees must be prepared to show proof of either
a) having had two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before attending
b) a negative Lateral Flow Test result, which can be taken at home or at a recognised centre free of charge, within 48 hours of the event.
These will be randomly checked to avoid congestion on entry. Your data will not be requested, you will simply need to show proof to a member of show staff.
The NHS Covid Pass is available to those with:
- A negative home Lateral Flow test or negative PCR test within the previous 48 hours.
- Evidence of full vaccination with Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccines at least 2 weeks previously.
- Evidence of positive PCR test within the past 6 months providing this is after you’ve finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test.
All of these are recognised by the NHS app as the evidence required for a NHS Covid Pass. You must show your NHS Covid Pass in electronic or paper form to gain access.
Find out more about the NHS Covid Pass here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
Other accepted evidence
The NHS Covid pass only works for people aged 16 and over so children aged 12 to 15 should bring electronic or paper evidence of a negative covid test.
Anyone can present evidence of a Negative Covid test (Lateral Flow or PCR) within the previous 48 hours test as an alternative to the NHS Covid Pass.
We also accept documentation showing full vaccination status whether received in the UK or another nation.
We will not ask for evidence from anyone under 12.
Obtaining evidence of a Negative Lateral Flow Test
Home test kits are free to anyone in the UK. You can collect these at many pharmacies or by ordering from the government website (next day delivery). Please ensure you allow enough time for postal orders to arrive with you prior to travelling to the Show.
The kits come with instructions on how to take a test.
You then must report the test outcome and receive evidence of a negative test from www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
COVID Passes and vaccination status in other parts of the UK
- Scotland – NHS Inform: Get a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status
- Wales – Welsh Government: Get the NHS COVID Pass to show your vaccination status for travel
- Northern Ireland – nidirect: Get a COVID-19 vaccination in Northern Ireland
If you are visiting from outside the UK please bring evidence of Full Vaccine status or a negative PCR test such as you required to travel to the UK.
Use of NHS Covid Pass
- Download the NHS App (NOT the NHS COVID App)
- Login to the app (using the App’s set up process)
- Click ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’
- Agree to Term & Conditions
- Select ‘Events Trials’
This will give you the QR code pass shown below.
N.B. It might be a good idea to download this as a PDF (one of the options in the App at this stage) and print it as a physical copy in case phone signal is not good or phone batteries die.