A free gift to say thank you
We’re so grateful for your continued support of The Festival of Quilts.
To say thank you, we’ve giving you access to a FREE online masterclass with quilting expert Judi Kirk on Saturday 17th July at 4pm (BST), hosted on our brand new Immediate Live website.
In association with Galli Productions
Learn to Love Your Curves with Judi Kirk
Saturday 17th July at 4pm (BST).
Judi will guide you through four different ways of stitching a curve. Each of the techniques will produce the same result whilst giving you the opportunity to learn and discover your favourite method.
Be inspired by Judi’s curved block quilt designs, and see the range of effects that can be created with this technique: starting with the simple but dramatic Drunkards Path and moving on to more complex designs.
There will also be an opportunity to ask Judi your burning questions in this live interactive workshop.
Don’t worry if you’re busy, after the live masterclass has taken place it will be available to watch on demand!
What you'll learn
- Laying out the Doll Pattern
- Choosing Fabrics & Materials
- Shaping, Sewing and Stuffing the Mermaid Body
- Sewing, Stuffing and Painting the Mermaid’s Face
- Stamping and Stencilling tail fabrics
- Embellishing the Mermaid Body with Embroidery and Beadwork
- Selecting and adding the hair
- Making the Mermaid’s Headpiece
- Working with Organza and Beads to make Wrist Cuffs
- Making the Mermaid’s Organza Tailfins
- Bringing it All Together
- Sewing, Stuffing & Beading the Starfish Perch
- Bonus! Making the Starfish Felted Pincushion
- 2.5 hours of video tutorials. The sessions have been split into 18 bitesize sessions, meaning you can navigate and watch specific sections again at ease
- 60-page e-book
- Doll, perch and pincushion patterns
- Comprehensive material list of things you will need to get started.
- Unlimited access until 31 December 2021.
Access to the session
The session will take place on 17/07/2021 4:00 PM GMT
About the Tutor: Judi Kirk
As a collector of quilts, Judi Kirk joined her first quilting group in 1993 and from there developed her skill and life-long passion for the craft. It was her love of quilting which led her to complete the Quilters’ Guild Judging Course and begin teaching at local patchwork and quilting groups. She is now a teacher with an international following, having delivered hundreds of workshops in the UK and USA and to quilters all over the world.
Judi has travelled extensively, building up networks of fellow quilters and sharing and comparing methods and techniques which she then integrates into her teaching. She continues to love to learn about the artistry of quilting, thriving in those “eureka” moments when she helps a quilter overcome an issue which has been holding them back.
Judi enjoys all kinds of patchwork and quilting, with a particular love for the bold designs of modern quilts, as a member of the Modern section of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles and the US-based Modern Quilt Guild.
Judi will also be joining us at FOQ this July to host a ‘Beautiful Bargello’ workshop and a ‘Taste of judging’ lecture.